Providence Health & Services RN Manager - PeriOperative Services in Kodiak, Alaska
Providence is calling a Manager Nursing Perioperative Services (Leadership, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Demonstrates the ability to provide leadership by developing a positive work environment. Provides guidance and support to staff members to ensure that they are able to perform their work effectively and efficiently. The nurse manager directs the activities of the department to ensure that continuous quality and cost effective services are provided. Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, delegate tasks and encourage staff to use their talents to achieve the desired outcomes. Appropriately credits staff and/or other team members for their effort and accomplishment.
• The Perioperative nurse manager provides for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and Standards for Nursing Practice. Directs and assists licensed and ancillary team members with assigned responsibilities. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team and coordinates delivery of plan of care. Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for own practice and supports the department's philosophy of nursing.
• Demonstrates professional interpersonal and verbal skills when communicating with a wide variety of people from differing literacy levels, languages and cultures. Communicates effectively in a compassionate manner to patients, families, visitors and other staff members. Exhibits the necessary written skills for effective communication and documentation.
• Exhibits the necessary skills to build effective teams by coaching, building trust, and training staff to work collaboratively and cohesively with other staff and/or team members in a variety of settings Encourages positive interaction and, if necessary, directs staff to work directly with other team members when resolving issues. Monitors key processes to identify and define the team’s effectiveness.
• Develops and implements work schedules and work assignments fairly, equally, and in a manner which is consistent with staff learning and development plans. Develops, implements, and maintains departmental policies and procedures in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal, State and Municipal requirements to ensure safe and effective services. Participates in personnel functions including hiring, evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations. Anticipates and prioritizes workflow and adjusts work assignments to prevent delays and meet workflow demands. Utilizes available resources to recognize errors/problems and takes corrective action and assists with problem.
• Is responsible for completing and regularly monitoring the departmental operating and capital budgets. Anticipates and adjusts operating plans to meet facility goals. Coordinates and collects statistical and other information to support and develop current and/or new services while ensuring cost effective processes and development plans are in place. May assist with overseeing service agreements and equipment purchases to support the departmental, facility and community needs.
• Establishes clear clinical practice expectations based on professional standards for areas of responsibility. Able to provide clinical care and is a role model for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible to oversee clinical operations of the department while working with Leadership, Physicians and clinical staff to develop, modify and implement patient care standards. Works with clinical staff to evaluate best practices and sets department goals for clinical practice.
•Communicates regularly with the Chief Nursing Officer. Represents the Perioperative Department in all meetings and negotiations with other departments or outside agencies. Participates in facility committees as appropriate.
•Evaluates departments’ structure, reporting relationship and position incumbents to ensure that high standards of performance are achieved. Assures optimum perioperative performance by meeting goals and projections, providing timely and accurate data as requested and maintaining compliance with all Federal, State and local laws.
•Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and issues and is knowledgeable on legal issues associated with hospital/physician activities.
•Works collaboratively with PKIMC Administration to identify and recruit needed physician specialties. Collaborates with colleagues from other departments within the organization for the purpose of furthering the goals and objectives of the Perioperative department.
•Participates and works in conjunction with the Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations in various internal and external marketing activities geared towards increasing census, promoting PKIMC’s programs and services, and maintaining visibility in the community.
•Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
• Bachelor's degree in Science in Nursing or equivalent educational experience.
• Must complete required in-service annually as determined by institution/department.
• 5 years of Clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
• 2 years of Clinical management experience in a Perioperative area.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Master's degree in Science in Nursing
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
• BLS or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire required.
• ACLS, PALS required (as designated) or the ability to attain within six (6) months of date of hire.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC’s long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nurse Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 244054