Providence Health & Services Occupational Therapist in Kodiak, Alaska
Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist to Providence Kodiak Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. This is full-time day shift.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• PATIENT CARE: Evaluates patient/resident physical, social, emotional, and cognitive skills as related to his/her prognosis. Plans and implements treatment in concert with physician’s orders and in accordance with professional standards. Provides direction and guidance to other caregivers to assist them in following through on the therapeutic plan of care. Exhibits clinical skills relevant to level of education and training in Occupational Therapy. Provides occupational therapy services in Inpatient, Outpatient, Care Center and Home Health settings.
• DOCUMENTATION: Documents all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner both clear to others and that meets service standards. Completes all required documentation in a timely manner and according to departmental policy. Plans for patient/resident discharge with attention given to home programs, equipment arrangement, and patient/resident family education.
• EDUCATION: Provides patient/resident family education in a variety of physical settings. Develops community educational or screening programs as needed.
• PROMOTION: Assists in promotion of department through community awareness outreach projects as time allows.
• Assesses patient’s functional abilities and limitations and makes recommendations for assistive devices indicated. Contacts vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Embraces the Providence Service Standards in all aspects of position. Presents and conducts self in a professional manner. Provides support to coworkers and customers while demonstrating service excellence by building positive interpersonal relations to ensure productive and positive relationships are maximized. Develops a deep understanding of customer’s perspectives and needs and works to meet their expectations. Builds a culture of true caring by behavior and interactions with others.
• COMMUNICATION/TEAMWORK: Communicates in a compassionate and professional manner to patients, families and visitors. Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills and cooperates with other departments and members of the care delivery team to provide optimal continuity of care to patients and their families. Demonstrates commitment to teamwork and interacts harmoniously with others. Collaborates to ensure team success. Supports new orientees in learning department routines.
• CRITICAL THINKING AND ORGANIZATION: Utilizes available resources. Recognizes errors/problems and takes corrective action. Demonstrates effective priority setting and organization skills to promote department flow and cost efficiency. Ensures smooth, efficient services and maximizes comfort and confidentiality for the patient. Anticipates and prioritizes workflow and adjusts work assignments to prevent delays and meet work flow demands. Assists with problems resolutions.
• PERSONNEL: Demonstrates knowledge and support of quality improvement goals. Participates in department, facility and organizational projects or committees as assigned.
• Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Alaska
Current Alaska driver's license with a clean driving record and proof of vehicle insurance
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master’s or Doctorate
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
1 year of Occupational Therapy experience
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC’s long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 238408