Providence Health & Services Case Manager *1.0/Day* in Kodiak, Alaska
Providence is calling a Case Manager ( Comm Support Program , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week) to Providence Kodiak Mental Health Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
• Develop a mutual and reciprocal relationship with clients and their families when appropropriate based upon respect for the uniqueness of each individual. Provides a structured environment and maintains therapeutic rapport.
• Conduct comprehensive, individualized psychosocial (functional) assessments with clients to determine case management interventions, symptom control, rehabilitation needs, and crisis intervention. Develops an individual written service plan which identifies treatment needs based on client identified problems. Works closely with the Mental Health Clinicians and/or CSP Team to implement specific interventions as outlined in the treatment service plans.
• Coordinate all services identified in the psychosocial (functional) assessment and service plan, linking clients with other providers and community agencies as necessary.
• Deliver mental health rehabilitative services, including case management, individual development, family skill development, group skill development and recipient support services. Services will be provided in the most appropriate location.
• Provide a reliable communication link to other rehabilitation staff, outpatient therapy staff and staff psychiatrist regarding clients on their caseload. Functions as a member of the Center interdisciplinary treatment team. Provides a reliable communication link to Business Office staff and the Center Manager regarding client financial and living arrangements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health or Education Field.
Basic Life Support and First Aid certification required within 90 days of hire.
Alaska driver's license is required and must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Knowledge of data entry and word processing required.
Requires knowledge of mental health issues, both theory and practice; crisis intervention techniques; assessment techniques, and family systems dynamics.
Requires strong crisis intervention, assessment, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience working in a behavioral health.
About the department you will serve
Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center offers a wide array of behavioral health services offered through different programs within the agency such as Outpatient Clinic, Community Support Program, Family Focused Program, Mental Health Clinicians in the School Program, Safe Harbor and Alcohol Safety Action Program.
For more information about Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Community Service
Req ID: 315738